From a concerned user

Home Forums Feedback From a concerned user

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jayhova 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jayhova
    Keymaster

I tried out some typical QA around user logins.

Some observations:

• – How do I delete my account? (I wanted to recreate it)
    • – I was unable to use my email as my login, it required the original login name
    • – Overall page responsiveness was rather decent, well done
    • – Forum pages were a little more sluggish than static content, not a surprise, but makes me wonder how performance scales with size, as you get more posts
    • – User profile settings were rather dull. I could change my name, and that’s all I found
    • – Using a house as the icon for the Home page is cute, but does little for visually impaired
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Jayhova.

Jayhova
    Keymaster
    • – How do I delete my account? (I wanted to recreate it)
    • This is a bit tricky as wordpress is not designed for this. There is a plugin that does delete the user account but it also deletes all the content with it so I am a bit hesitant to implement it. Right now the best method for making corrections to your account is to make a request to an administrator

• – I was unable to use my email as my login, it required the original login name
    • I agree, I will implement this change ASAP.
      Fixed. Users may now login with their email

• – Overall page responsiveness was rather decent, well done
    • That’s mostly the work of the wordpress team I think. I am looking for bottlenecks and fixing them as I find them. The background graphic was a big one. I compressed it significantly down to 600K from 10MB. Next on the list is to set the cache settings to keep reloads down.

• – Forum pages were a little more sluggish than static content, not a surprise, but makes me wonder how performance scales with size, as you get more posts
    • That’s another item where I’ll need to look at the bottlenecks. Static content benefits from a caching plugin. I can only assume the forum post that repeatedly come up will also eventually receive this benefit

• – User profile settings were rather dull. I could change my name, and that’s all I found
    • These things are in their default settings right now

• – Using a house as the icon for the Home page is cute, but does little for visually impaired
    • The icon is there to reduce the length of the menu for those with people with mobile and smaller devices,

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Jayhova.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Jayhova.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.